Wednesday, July 25, 2012

powershell + The Feature is not a Farm level feature

I got the below error while deploying a feature using powershell.

Error:- The Feature is not a Farm level feature and is not found in a site level defined by the url ........


my powershell command is :- Enable-sPFeature -identity "XXX EventReceivers" -force -confirm:$false -url $WebURL

"XXX EventReceivers" is the feature name in my application.

But When I see in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES" path the feature name is "ABC_XXX EventReceivers" . Where as "ABC" is my project name.


The working command is :- Enable-sPFeature -identity "ABC_XXX EventReceivers" -force -confirm:$false -url $WebURL

So dont overlook at the feature name.


Happy coding

2 comments: